background

Monday, April 23, 2012

Grilled Jalapeno Chicken and Ramen Noodle Salad

Grilled Jalapeno Chicken 


                                                                           



Here is what you'll need:
* 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (it took two smaller limes squeezed by hand lol *note to self: Get a juicer*
* 1/4 cup of honey
* 2 tbsp fresh cilantro {I did not use this because Brandy didn't use it lol She didn't have it}
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp pepper
* 3 jalapeno peppers {halved and seeded} ( I only used two)
* 3 garlic cloves
*  skinless chicken breasts {you can do whole breast or kabob} (we did Kabobs)
* cooking spray

Those ppl on cooking shows makes hand squeezing citrus look sooo easy.. well I was a mess lol
1. Place first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth (I had to use my food processor because I burnt 2 blenders up and refuse to buy another

 2. Combine lime juice mixture and chicken in a large, heavy-duty, zip lock plastic bag

3. Seal bag and marinate chicken in refrigerator 1 to 8 hours.

4. Prepare grill and spray with cooking spray. If your doing Kabobs soak your skewers in water before you light the grill.

5. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.

6. Place chicken on grill rack; cover and grill 12 minutes on each side or until done, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.



Ramen Noodle Salad




Here is what you'll need:
1 pack slaw mix

green onions finely chopped (approx 1/4 cup or less) *My sister used green peppers instead of onion and I liked it too*

1/2 cup toasted seeds (sunflower or almonds)

2 packs ramen noodles (chicken flavor) broken into small pieces

3/4 cup oil

1 tbsp pepper (scant) My pepper made it kinda spicy.. so maybe not THAT much pepper

4 tbsp vinegar

4 tbsp sugar

1 of the chicken pack flavorings in ramen noodle package
Just toss all together.. put on the lid and chill.. I think the longer it sits the better it tastes...

No comments:

Post a Comment