background

Monday, January 5, 2015

Easy, Fast way to clean your Electric Griddle..






I LOVE my griddle but I hate the clean up after I use it.. I have the family size that won't fit in the sink and it doesn't have the removable plates like my George Foreman. If you're like me you don't get to the dishes until after dinner.. or let's be honest the next day or two (Guilty!) Then you have that nasty griddle sitting there.. The other night we cooked Deer Burgers on the griddle.. we do get some fat put in them so its more like ground beef.. There was grease, burger residue and even melted cheese on the griddle.. I didn't get to the dishes until the next day and thought UGH I hate cleaning this thing.. then something made me think of an easier way to clean it..

First fill up your sink with hot soapy water..

Turn your griddle back on.. yup.. back on.. Just a low setting.. I think mine was in between 200°-250° once the cold hard grease turns back to hot liquid use a good plastic spatula or the one that comes with the griddle and scrape all that stuff down into the grease catcher.. it comes off so easy.. THEN shut the griddle off and take your dish cloth with hot soapy water and ring it out onto the griddle.. its gonna smoke steam like a mutha' but don't freak out lol then take the rag and wipe pushing all the water into the grease catcher (I'm sure there is a more classier word for that)  rinse your rag and repeat then after its all clean rinse with a dish cloth of just water.. It made the cleaning so much easier..

So there ya have it.. my version of how to clean your griddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment